Thank you
Forum Administration

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

April Rhain
This forum has moved. The new address for the forum is Http://ar.noip.us
Thank you
Forum Administration
April Rhain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April Rhain

As family we stand, so to arms my brothers and sisters.

Welcome to April Rhain!

There is a NEW forum. This forum is being phased out. The new forum can be found at Http://AR.noip.us
Please make sure that you register and visit your profile to add your toons.

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 118 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:45 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Guild Forum Post- RECRUITMENT
by masterhawk Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 am

» GRB Combatants with the following will automatically get RANK 5:
by DrNif Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:38 pm

» My Absence
by Jazzi Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:15 am

» Etin Duty and Officers
by lvbltec Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:21 am

» Real Life v. Game
by Bloody_Rose Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:33 pm

» Guild Rules: Authored by Rubia, your Guild Leader
by Allain Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:54 am

» ENCHANTMENTS AND PLACE HOLDERS:
by Rubia-GL Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:04 am

» SHAIYA Update:
by Rubia-GL Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:02 am

» Pokemon Already Taken
by MinnaK Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:51 am

» Achieving Rank:
by TehMeDiC Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:49 am

» [color=red]RE: Banning guilds from Parties, ( NOT A GOOD IDEA)[/color]
by Rubia-GL Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:32 am

» AP Cards- Trade - Scammers- Offers
by zerorez Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:08 pm

» Are you having computer issues?
by Jazzi Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:56 pm

» Battle Def Skills given to me By Rubia
by JasmineRose88 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:15 am

» Today's GRB:
by Misty Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 am

» Guild VS Guild Event: April Rhain VS UT Kaos!!!!!
by Rubia-GL Sat May 26, 2012 9:15 pm

» April Rhain PokeDex
by Rubia-GL Sat May 26, 2012 9:11 pm

» EPIC 6 Weapons Update:
by Baby.Mania Tue May 15, 2012 3:54 pm

» Ways to Donate to your guild
by Jazzi Mon May 07, 2012 5:46 am

» Oseron has quit the guild-
by Marcus Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:48 am

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

Player Warning!!!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Player Warning!!!! Empty Player Warning!!!! Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:25 am

Kai

Kai
Officer
Officer

I am posting this Player Warning to make the guild aware of an toon in game that is trying to affect illegal trades, and may try defaming fellow guild members. My advice to the guild is to avoid trades with "The...Wall". Also, please do not spread any inflammatory remarks he may make against fellow AR members. If you should have a run-in with this toon, please let me know as soon as possible. Smile

Second Player warning. Honest3 has been reported to have scammed/hacked/harassed numerous players in Teos AoL. Be forewarned that you should not conduct any trades/sales with this player, nor should you allow this player any access to account information. Please report any negative dealings (include ss) with this player via RT to Aeria immediately.
Evil or Very Mad

Third Player Warning. UnitedGeneral was reported to have joined the guild "United", retrieved lvl 30 PvP gear from their guild warehouse, then quit the guild taking the gear with them. This player should not be allowed to join AR.

[GS]KaiElanzo

Last edited by Kai on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:18 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Add second player warning)

2Player Warning!!!! Empty Re: Player Warning!!!! Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:43 am

Rubia-GL

Rubia-GL
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Also, Be advised, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, Give out your personal logon/pass information to ANYONE, NO ONE. Not a guildmate, not a gs, not a gm, not me! There is a rash of players "mimicking" Guild leaders and officers names and thieving from newer players information from them and emptying their accounts of all things of value.

I repeat DO NOT under any circumstances share information with ANYONE. This is in violation of TOS for Shaiya.

Secondly, be careful of trading with anyone. Double check the spelling of their names, an extra dot, an hyphen instead of an underscore, anything out of the ordinary... if this happens to you and you REALIZE it's a scammer PM a GS immediately tell them who it is, where the scammer and you are and try to get them there. They will in turn CONTACT a GM and get them BANNED asap. Again this is a SERIOUS issue and should be taken as such.

3Player Warning!!!! Empty Re: Player Warning!!!! Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 am

Kai

Kai
Officer
Officer

Rubia-GL wrote:
... if this happens to you and you REALIZE it's a scammer PM a GS immediately tell them who it is, where the scammer and you are and try to get them there. They will in turn CONTACT a GM and get them BANNED asap. Again this is a SERIOUS issue and should be taken as such.

Just to clarify the "Ban Process".

You can and should contact a GS if you feel your account has been compromised, or if you have been scammed, or a toon has attempted to scam you by impersonating someone else. But you should also take steps on your own to collect as much information as possible and submit a ticket (commonly referred to as an RT).

1. Take screenshots (ss) of the incident. SS are your only proof as to what transpired. You should submit the entire screenshot un-edited so claims of "photoshoping" can be minimized.
  2. Don't stoop to their level. If you are reporting harassment, don't turn around and start harassing them. Nothing will sink your complaint more than another ss being submitted that shows you swearing or threatening the one that is harassing you.
  3. Don't expect a reply saying WHAT has been done. The most you will receive is a reply that thanks you for reporting the incident and that it will be looked into and appropriate action taken as necessary. It is Aeria's policy not to divulge action taken against customers, so even if they are banned, you will NOT receive notification of it.
  4. Don't be surprised if your complaint doesn't result in a ban. If your evidence (ss) is deamed inconclusive, then no action will be taken. If mitigating circumstances exists, the player may not be banned permanently, but only for a short period of time. (see Player Ethics, the Punishment tab)
  5. It is next to impossible to stop the truly determined jerk. Multiple accounts, multiple name variations, these can keep a troll in the game for a long period of time. Be careful who you trade with, including a toon labeled as a GS. You can always ask a GS to put on their GS helm to add credence to their validity as a GS. (The GS helm is a paper bag that turns the GS name Orange)

The bottom line is that Shaiya is a play-at-your-own-risk game, There are steps you can and should take to minimize that risk (outlined by Rubia above) but for the most part it boils down to you, the player, to keep control of their accounts and how you play the game.

I cannot begin to list the number of times I heard "but I thought she/he was my friend". Friend? Let's get real people, I know of 2 people who know me outside of the game (one being my son) who know they can trust me. The rest of you only know me by my in-game persona and although we may get along, you don't really know me from Adam so why would you trust me?

Early on in the game I was scammed because I didn't know any better and thought that "hey, its a game. Why wouldn't people be honest?" Well, yes it is a game and as such, some people will try to cheat. It is up to you to not be taken in by a scammer. So as Rubia pointed out, and I'd like to emphasis...

1. NEVER give out your account information to anyone. Not Aeria, GS's, GM's, friends, family or other players..
  2. NEVER give out your password. No one "needs" it to help you.
  3. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  4. Check, check and check again before confirming a trade.
  5. Screenshot, screenshot, screenshot. Screenshot all transactions so you have "evidence" should it go bad.

Harassment - What to do:

• Take ss. No proof = no harassment
  • Block. If the harassment is in TC/PM, use the block feature. Ignoring most harassers is enough to get them to leave you alone.
  • Report. Turn in a RT with ss attached as direct links. If the harassment is leveled at multiple players, all players should turn in a RT.

While you cannot announce derogatory information against a player (toon) in TC (that would be considered harassment), you can let your guild know via guild chat, or your associates know via PM when someone has tried to scam you, or has continually harassed you. Also, we all have our bad days, so try to take it in stride, you never know what kind of "baggage" a player may have taken into the game with them.

Happy Shaiyaing Cool

[GS]KaiElanzo

Last edited by Kai on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:30 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification of last paragraph)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum